Watch Around Water
Watch Around Water (WAW) is a campaign educating the public about active supervision, and encouraging parents / guardians to take on the responsibility of this role while visiting aquatic facilities. The campaign aim is to reduce the number of fatal and non-fatal drowning incidents and associated injuries in public aquatic facilities in Victoria within the 0-14 year age group
1. Children under 5 years: 0-4 years require a PINK wristband
- must be accompanied into the centre and the water by a responsible parent / guardian over 16 years
- must stay within arm’s reach during recreational play activities
2. Children under 10 years: 5-9 years require a YELLOW wristband
- must be accompanied into the centre by a responsible parent / guardian over 16 years
- must be constantly and actively supervised
- parents / guardians must position themselves to have a clear view of the child with no physical
or structural barriers between them and the child / children, which includes the use of electronic devices e.g. mobile phones and ipad.
- must be accompanied into the 50m pool by a parent / guardian during recreational play activities.
3. Children 10 years old and over:
- parents must use their knowledge of an individual child’s swimming ability and general development to determine the level of accompaniment required
Children under 5 years:
- maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 2 Children
Children under 10 years:
- maximum 1 Parent / Guardian to 4 Children
- Can be a combination of maximum 2 children under 5
6.8. Management reserves the right to terminate or suspend your Swim and Play membership for not complying with any of the terms and conditions listed.